Wednesday 26 October 2016

Alicia's Blog 9 - The Outside Build

Over the past week/weekend I've done some of the beginning parts to the outside (lighter) part to my build. I had started off planting a ring of trees around the build (the fairy ring) as well as some quick landscaping just to get rid any of the parts of the outside of the trees that look like cliffs/chunks of land that has just been cut out.

I also added in larger trees that have houses built inside the leaves. They are connected by wooden bridges. I will also be adding in mushroom houses but I wanted to focus on the tree houses first. I houses have stairs leading up the trunk to the rooms. There is only one room per tree, each room having a fireplace (that is not lighted because it would burn down the tree in minecraft), beds, table/counters to the side and some chests/furnaces/crafting tables as decoration along with some plants in frames and in a pot.

Underneath some of the bridges I have a small stream that is decorated with lily-pads and surrounded by different plants such as flowers,grass and ferns. There are also some vines coming down from the trees/bridges.

Soon I will be adding in a entranceway to the front of the tree fairy ring, some mushroom rings (http://www.ancient-origins.net/human-origins-folklore/do-you-dare-enter-fairy-ring-mythical-mushroom-portals-supernatural-003677), mushroom houses and more plants on the grass. While looking over the build for the screenshots I decided that I should of added some more hills or rises in the land where the outside of the build is instead of it being completely flat, but I've already started building so I might not be able to add that feature in.

(Evidence around fairy rings etc can be found on my previous blog here: http://craftinghistory2.blogspot.co.nz/2016/10/alicias-blog-6-references.html)


1 comment:

  1. Love the look Alicia. It is coming along nicely. And good that you point us back to the evidence.

    ReplyDelete