Tuesday 30 August 2016

Castle Black Plans - Updated

I know that I haven't posted here on the Blog yet, but that was because of issues I had with posting to this Blog specifically. That's all fixed now. I wrote up some information on both Castle Black and Hadrian's Wall to compare the two, and maybe build them side by side to show that comparison. But now that my 'partner' in this project has left the course, I need to make adjustments to compensate for the lack of help on this project. The research work I can do just fine by myself, but the building is another topic altogether.

I know my limits when it comes to workloads and what I can build and must take these into consideration for moving forward with this project. I also need to consider the limits that I have while in Minecraft. They only have select building materials and shapes (mainly blocks, no circles here) and that may affect the final outcome of the build. Now I know that I am not the best builder, far from it actually, so I know that reducing the size of the final build will make my job a lot easier. And if I have time left over after the main build, I could possibly make adjustments to any of the minor details.

4 comments:

  1. I could help you Emily if you draw up a plan that I can follow. I may be able to find some others who could help if you wanted it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I can tell that there is a lot of thought going into this and while you might think your end product will be vastly different from what you first imagined, or how you imagined it coming to fruition, your subject matter (the brilliant Castle Black and Hadrian's Wall) are genius both in terms of their shapes and your brief, and lend themselves to a successful finished product. Seems like there are willing collaborators..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing the final build, Emily. You have chosen a subject close to my heart- the fantasy genre. I'm certain that the authors of fantasy frequently draw on history for their settings.

    ReplyDelete