Wednesday 31 August 2016

Alicia's Blog 2

I didn't really get anything this past week. (Partly because I was sick and didn't even move let alone be motivated enough to build a mountain castle thing)

I was planning on finding a definite spot to build and begin levelling out the ground and either copying & pasting a mountain in or building one myself but none of that really got done. Even if I hadn't been sick I would've needed some word edit to get going because it seems to just make everything easier once you figure out the commands.

But while I wasn't building I was able to think about some possible block combinations that would nicely complement each other and would go well with the different tones of the build.

I've decided on different stone/cobble blocks for the underground castle, nether brick and possibly some other darker blocks (such as stained clay or wool). The above part of the build will probably be lighter blocks with lighter tones of stained clay/wool, lighter coloured wood (birch, oak etc) and the mushroom blocks.  

I've also decided on possibly cutting out some of the underground rooms or just making them smaller, because me being me forgot about the amount of time we had left in the term (ops). And I probably won't be able to cram this all in even if I have access to world edit.

I will be working on the build this week and possibly over the weekend if I get the time so I will hopefully be posting some pictures of the build as it progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Always a bummer when you don't manage to keep up with plans, but I'm still looking forward to seeing this- your planning sketches were super cool! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete