Thursday 15 September 2016

Alicia's Blog 5


Opps another blog. I've had time to get some more building done but not as much as i'd like. It's kind of awkward to build because I keep on forgetting my mouse and I'm stuck using my laptops trackpad.

I had forgotten that I could use world edit to change the stone to other blocks, which ended up being stone, cobble, andesite and cyan clay. (I forgot in mainly because I forgot the //replace command.) But I fixed it up now.

Inside the mountain I decided on instead of doing a more polished look I was going to make it look more earthy and make-shift but most of the props (from my plans, e.g. the kitchen) will probably stay the same but the colour scheme will be different.

I've been trying to figure out how to do the dance floor but have been having trouble, I don't know if it should be darker, lighter, a mix of different blocks or just no dance floor at all. For the inside I ended up using two types of blocks, both stained clay that I believe were black & dark grey. In the entrance it fades into the stone blocks from the outside of the mountain.

I'm planning as the build progresses to make the dance room less square and have bits of dirt sticking out from the roof and walls to make it look like it's been carved out. I'm thinking about a chandelier for lighting or conveniently placed glowstone that blends in with the build. I might end up going for the chandelier though so it still has a high-class feeling.







1 comment:

  1. Looks great Alicia. Don't forget to link to your research. What does that say about what it should like.

    ReplyDelete