Wednesday 21 September 2016

Toni's blog - Windmill/bridge plan

I have started a plan on where the windmill/bridge will be and how big it will be. The bridge will be made of cobblestone while the windmill will be a mix of stone and wood. Use wooden stair blocks for the wheel of the windmill and the roof. Also use stair blocks and stabs for a decorative look. 
Also need to fix the river to give it a more natural look.

I have based the placement of the bridge and the look of the windmill from a sketch that Tolkien drew himself:
The windmill may be a bit smaller than the windmill in the sketch, but will be similar.
I'm thinking of adding mossy cobblestone on the base of the windmill and the supports of the bridge. Moss will grow on the stones near water.
(Could also add a small farm next to the windmill/river.)

I will do more research on these types of windmills for an idea on the interior.

Also built this without using world edit because 1. I need to learn how to use it first and 2. The server was too lagging and the connection wasn't the best at the time for me to use world edit. Which could have ended with the server crashing on me. So I'll use world edit when I know the basics of it and the server connection is okay.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good there Toni. I especially like how you refer back to the drawings. Well done.

    ReplyDelete